Financial Planning, at its most basic, provides you with a clear understanding of your current situation and educates you about important opportunities and strategies. This understanding becomes the basis for financial decision-making as we work together to enhance financial security and accomplish your goals.
The Financial Planning process includes discussion and feedback as well as a comprehensive review of your current financial, tax and estate planning realities. Financial Planning can include one-on-one assistance implementing strategies and even help with everyday financial tasks.
I provide fiduciary-level advice, meaning advice that is in your best interest. I have extensive experience helping women in crisis, including divorce, the death of a loved one, critical illness, and the challenges of retirement and late life. Although the name of my business is Financial Planning Center for Women, I work with many couples preparing for and enjoying retirement. Call to schedule a free one-hour appointment.
Financial Planning Process
During the pandemic, all consultations are done via phone call.
- We gather objective data from statements, documents, etc.
- We analyze the data for completeness
- We repeat until we are satisfied with data depth and breadth of the data
- You are given a private online “portal” and a secure “vault” where your financial information and important documents can be accessed and stored. (This is optional if you are not computer savvy.)
We identify your risk capacity, risk tolerance, time horizon, investment experiences, and a range of returns acceptable to you for each of your assets and accounts.
- Tax planning, investment planning, retirement planning, estate planning, insurance planning as well as other planning areas specific to your situation.
- A review of your current course of action and various alternative courses of action
- A review of your assumptions and an explanation of how changes in various assumptions and inputs impact your projections
- A discussion about how each potential strategy or solution impacts each of your goals
- We will schedule an annual update at least once each year
- You should schedule an appointment at times of significant change or crisis in your life so that we can problem solve together. I can collaborate directly with your tax and legal advisors, if given your authorization to do so.
- We offer technology tools that will allow you to update information and upload documents safely
- Ongoing monitoring of your accounts and your goals is more important than ever. We will create a monitoring plan with you as part of your financial plan.
- Investment services are also available. Call for more details.
- A big focus in my planning is helping clients reduce their exposure to fraud and cybersecurity risks. This is becoming increasingly important.
Laura Wilcox, MS, CFP®
I am the owner and founder of the Financial Planning Center for Women in Greendale, Wisconsin. I work with my daughter, Dawn, who is my office manager. I have been a Certified Financial PlannerTM professional for over 25 years and I received a Master’s Degree in Personal Finance in 2005.
My mission is to provide clients with a clear understanding of their present situation and an evaluation of their options going forward in a way that is empowering, educational and collaborative. I enjoy helping people problem solve and plan for their future.
I offer fee-based financial planning, financial education, crisis advocacy and coaching to everyone. I specialize in helping women through difficult transitions.
In my free time I enjoy cooking, reading classic mystery novels, gardening and hiking with my dogs, Noodle and Sugar.
Let’s work together toward your goals.
Start with a complimentary one-hour appointment. Although I will not know enough about you in one hour to give you specific advice, I will be able to provide basic financial education in order to help you clarify your needs, brainstorm ideas and feel more empowered when it comes to your personal financial journey. Everything we discuss is strictly confidential and you are not asked to ‘buy’ or sign-up for anything.
Those who decide to work with me on an ongoing basis receive comprehensive personalized advice and assistance working towards their goals. When appropriate, we work as a team with your existing advisors (attorneys, tax advisor and insurance agents).
It all starts with a free one hour appointment.
Call (414) 529-5599 to schedule yours today.
Let’s Start a Conversation
Please call (414) 529-5599 for your
complimentary initial appointment
As a reminder, please do not send any confidential information via email. A personal “Vault” can be set up so that confidential information and documents can be safely shared.
Registered Representative, Securities offered through Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a Broker/Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisor Representative, Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor. Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. and Financial Planning Center for Women, SC are not affiliated.
This communication is strictly intended for individuals residing in the states of AZ, FL, IN, MI, NC, NM, TN, & WI. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident outside the specific states referenced.
The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you link to any of these websites provided herein, Laura Wilcox makes no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at these sites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, sites, information and programs made available through this site.
Copyright © 2020 Laura Wilcox